Everyone owns at least one album of Jamaican music, and unless you’ve passed beyond that level there’s a good chance it’s Legend by Bob Marley. But there’s a whole exciting world out there, and UK imprint Trojan Records is one of the best companies to introducing listeners to that world. Now, the label is celebrating 50 years in action, and they’re putting out a special edition box set called This is Trojan 50.
- Two 3CD collections, featuring over 130 tracks with 69 making their digital debut
- 4 vinyl LPs, showcasing the hits, rarities and rare ‘commercial reggae’ tracks
- Two 7” singles, highlighting previously unreleased and brand new recordings
- A book featuring essays and full scale reproductions of 50 of the most iconic Trojan album sleeves from the past 50 years
- High quality Trojan slipmat
- Stunning A2 poster
- Stylish Trojan patch
- Wooden Trojan 7” single adapter
This is Trojan 50 would make a good gift for the reggae/dub fanatic in your life, and if that fanatic happens to be you, well, so be it. Check it out at Trojan’s official site here, where you can also pre-order one in advance of its release at the end of next month.