Home Tech & Gear SupPorter: Kickstarter for Nonprofits and Political Campaigns

SupPorter: Kickstarter for Nonprofits and Political Campaigns

by Joseph


‘Sup Porter is the name of a hip hop themed 1930s screwball comedy throwback script I’m working on, but it appears that I’m going to have to find a new title, because a crowdfunding platform like Kickstarter for political campaigns and nonprofit organizations called SupPorter has launched.

According to one of the site’s founders, part of the appeal of SupPorter is that big, bureaucratic organizations aren’t always able to spend donations they receive efficiently:

“The Cancer Fund of America in 2011, they raised $187 million, and of that, only 3 percent went to fighting cancer. The other 97 percent went toward cars, vacations, cruise lines, dating site dues, college tuition for a lot of the employees and their children…Something like that would never happen on our platform.”

I don’t know what blockchain is but apparently SupPorter is involved in whatever blockchain is too. For more info, you can go take a look at the platform’s official site right here.

You may also like