‘Black Panther': New Trailer and Poster (Video)
Qwest TV: A New Video Streaming Service for Jazz by Quincy Jones
Producer and composer Quincy Jones has evidently wanted to start a TV channel dedicated to jazz and various other related forms of music for a while now. But he only recently got just such a project funded through Kickstarter: It’s called Qwest TV, and it’s now “coming to a screen near you” sometime in the very near future.
Qwest TV is a subscription-based video on demand service devoted to jazz programming in many forms – concert films, documentaries, and TV specials, to name a few. Here’s a list of some of the programs already lined up for the service, courtesy of the project’s Kickstarter listing:
- Al Jarreau: Bring your life to the stage (2015)
- Gregory Porter: Don’t forget your music (2016)
- Letter to Michel Petrucciani (1981)
- Paco de Lucia: Light and Shade (1994)
- Quincy Jones & friends feat. George Benson, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Jacob Collier, SWR Big Band (2017)
- Oumou Sangare (2017)
- Cory Henry and the Funk Apostles (2017)
- Lee Konitz & Bill Evans (1967)
- Manu Dibango (1983)
- Sonny Rollins, masterclass (1981)
- Milton Nascimento (1981)
You still have a few more days to check out that Qwest TV Kickstarter here, where you can get a lot more information on the service as well as “pre-subscribe” for it once it launches.